Monday, September 18, 2006

Blogs: Bane or Blessing?

Welcome once again to my occasional rant. There has been a topic that I have been thinking about for quite some time now. And that has to be blogs. If you haven't heard of blogs... Where have you been? And how in the world is that possible since you are reading my own blog at this very moment. There is a plethora of free and useful information out there and if you have yet to tap it I would highly suggest you do so.

Blogs aren't just a persons personal log or journal as it were, but instead they can be used for much more beneficial needs such as sharing information and/or experience. They are useful also for the collection of links for a specific interest. Then of course the blogger has the oppurtunity to comment on that link or topic thus fulfilling his or her need for an outlet. The comments on the link or topic can be immensley helpful on whether or not you the reader want to take the time to click and read said link.

There are two types of blogs that I personally am drawn and interested in. There is the blog where the links are posted about a specific subject, two of which I visit are Whedonesque relating to all things that are related to the works of Joss Whedon and Engadget that post the latest in gadgets that are coming out and related notes.

The second is the type of blog where some individual shares their advice and their experience. There are few of these that I visit frequently but one that I have been taken a shine to would be I Will Teach You To Be Rich, which comes from an experienced money man that has some really interesting insights into managing ones personal finances. And when I was interested in the goings on at Microsoft there is a very interesting blog put forth by an anonymous blogger named Mini-MSFT Another blog that I find interesting but is really more of a hybrid of the two types would be Blogging Ohio which discusses things that relate to my home state.

Okay, well I suppose that is enough on the benefits of blogs. If you have any blogs that you might think I would be interested in just put it into the comments or if you want to know more of the blogs I visit or would like to find blogs that interest you, just post in the comments and I'd be more than happy to help.

No comments: