Tuesday, September 12, 2006

NYTimes: LonelyGirl Revealed

"The woman who plays lonelygirl15, whose first-person videos are among the most-viewed on the clip-sharing Web site YouTube, has been identified as Jessica Rose, a twentyish resident of New Zealand and Los Angeles and a graduate of the New York Film Academy."

View full article here.

This is a followup to my prior post regarding LonelyGirl15. I just want to say, this sort of thing is really freaking creepy. I don't really appreciate things that are put forth as complete truth only to find out that they were really part of some marketing ploy. I don't much care for corporate america to pull on my heart strings when I don't know that they are. But this is a two sided coin. I enjoyed the mystery of it all and it gave me something to think about. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm pretty darned glad that someone like Silicon Valley Watcher was able to put together this mystery before the perpetuator of this hoax was able to do it themselves.

No comments: